Slavery Ownership, Rights, and Duties Government Handbook has been established as required reading by the Slavery Protection Board or SPB, since 2231 Cycle. By owning slaves you are agreeing to follow any new additions in the SORD Handbook. Any laws broken will result in fine, based off percentage of income, to be determined by Slavery Protection Board (SPB).
This handbook is split into three sections. The laws that govern all ownership for all Alaget or Free Citizens, is Governmental Laws. Laws that give owners as rights, is under the Rights section. The final section reviews the duties one has toward the slaves.
- No race of the intergalactic council may be raided or used for slaves. This is per the Treaty of Bar-so Gamore.
- Slaves may not speak against the Councilors, the Councils in general, the Alaget, or their owners. Punishment of such behavior will be established on a case by case basis by the SPB.
- Conquered world is only allowed to be used for slaves for ten generations after which they revert to free citizens
- Poor behavior, or non compliance will extend this period.
- Any race may be released sooner.
- Joining an anti-slavery movement results in death or confinement if a list of Co-conspirators are given.
- If a slave passes the mental, physical, and skill qualifiers they will be paid a wage that will free them in twelves years’ time.
- Poor performance, inappropriate behavior, or disobedience will increase this time period for each infraction.
- If slave has issues with their current assignment, they may petition the SPB for reassignment.
- They must continue to perform said duties, however, until the petition is heard and approved.
- Slaves are not allowed to secure personal transport.
- Slaves are not allowed any mind altering substances, unless it is medically required, and only for the period of injury.
- Slaves may not breed without permission.
- Slaves may not fight one another outside proper training or fighting grounds.
- The slaves cannot be forced to perform a duty, which they are physically unable to do.
- Tests are provided before slaves are sold or assigned to determine their abilities, these tests are of mental, and physical nature.
- Any intentional harm inflicted by a slave results in execution.
- Slaves must follow any and all of owner’s requests regarding work orders, uniforms, employment, and meal times, unless a successful petition is granted by the SPB.
- A slave is not allowed to seek a new owner, without current owner’s permission.
- A first offense is maiming
- Second offense is confinement for a no less than ten days, and no more than twenty.
- Third offense is death.
- If a slave’s performance is substandard such punishments may be used. Any repeat infraction only counts if within three months of one another.
- Minor infraction results in whipping of no more than ten lashes, and two day reduction of food.
- Second minor infraction or a moderate one result in a whipping of no more than thirty lashes, and week’s reduction in food.
- Third minor, second moderate, or first major infraction results in sixty lashes or until the slaves loses consciousness. In addition, a three week reduction in food.
- Other punishments may be applied instead if the proper forms are filed and approved by the SPB.
- If there is more infraction, or anything not noted in this law, one may contact the third chair of the SPB for more details on types, and severity of punishments allowed in these special cases.
- Slaves are not allowed to train with weapons, without it being the owner’s permission. Failure to comply results in death.
- Slaves must always be informed about the nature of their employment.
- Slaves employment duties must be explained to them thoroughly.
- Proper equipment must be provided for any duties.
- Any injuries must have proper treatment.
- If a slave’s death is determined to be the owner’s fault, and not within the dangers of the assignment, the slave family is immediately freed and they become free citizens.
- Room and board must be provided to slaves either freely or given money to allow them to purchase it themselves.
- If a slave limb or limbs is mutilated at the owners fault, they must repair or replace. If the fault if with the slave, there is no requirement to do so.